Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One For The Books


Some days are just not so good.  Such as yesterday.  Okay, it wasn't all bad, it was mostly strange and
frustrating.  I had to wake up early to get to the doctors office for a quick shot.  I have to take two buses to get there, no big deal, I've done it a million times.  I did however get up extra early to walk about seven blocks up the street to get my free McDonald's coffee because I had a coupon!  Coffee wasn't so great, but it was free.


All right that's besides the point.  My bus gets me at McDick's on time!  I get to my transfer and have to wait for several, well about twenty minutes, until my transfer, but I had allowed enough time so I wouldn't be late.  My iPod was also picking up Wifi so I was nicely occupied.  Weather was good too and overcast.


About two minute into my wait a homelessish man comes from around the corner (which I'm already aware of the homeless hotspot) and our conversation proceeds as such:


Guy at bus stop: Hey can I borrow a cigarette?


Me: Sorry I don't smoke.


GABS: Can I make one phone call?


Me: This isn't a phone.


GABS: Here, you wanna know how to make a bike work better?


Me: I don't ride bikes.


GABS: Do you know anything about cars?


Me: I don't drive I have epilepsy




He leaves me alone for the most part after that.  I get on my bus, get to the doc and I'm in and out fairly 
quickly but manage to just miss a bus back.  I'm not in any rush until.....oh look, the sky is darker than it was 
when I arrived at the doctors office.  Hmmm...oh goody it's going to rain....like cats and dogs, and I am 
unprepared!  No rainboots or umbrella.  I figure I can get away with it and hope that it doesn't rain too hard, 
WRONG.  Heaviest rain we've had in a while, then lightning!  Then loud ass thunder!  Then pea sized hail!!!  
WTF?!  I manage to find some shelter at the nearby hospital parking garage and am safe until the bus comes,
and by that point the rain has let up.  Yay.


Putting that in writing it really doesn't sound as bad as it felt at the time.  I was cold and wet but it could have 
been prevented if the weather forecast I had checked the night before had been accurate.  Oh well.
I get to my next transfer area and realize I have a bit of time so I go inside the grocery store to grab a couple
of things figuring I have enough time.  WRONG AGAIN!  As soon as I make it to the till I see my bus coming early.  I flip out of course and my friend who is actually checking me out offers to buy my lunch, lol, what a silly.  It's not her fault, it was mine because I just had to get some coffee.  No big deal in the end.  I wait inside in the warmth by the window to wait for my next bus.


Smooth sailing from there really.  It just feels so overwhelming sometimes when all the little things add up.

No comments:

Post a Comment