Sunday, January 15, 2012

Thank God for the Bus.

I often complain about the bus, but I never share my love for the bus.  Okay, that's a strong word, I don't LOVE the bus, but where would I be without it?  I require this cheap transportation otherwise I would be paying for cabs to get everywhere I need to go, or relying on people, possibly strangers to transport me from point A to point B.

Currently I pay two dollars a day for a 24 hour bus pass.  It USED to be a dollar.  And before that it USED to be 50 cents (they don't have the cents sign on keyboards anymore)?  So on and so forth.

In fact, I used to have a free bus pass from the community college, but evidently I use it more than the average college student and it became completely fucked up no matter how well  I took care of it.  I still have two days to use it but after being unnecessarily reprimanded by several bus drivers, it just wasn't worth it anymore and I tossed it.

"I WILL get my bus pass fixed once school opens again."  Bitch, cut me some slack.

All right, let's get back on topic.  The bus, although smelly, dirty, 45% of the time unreliable, I am grateful to have a public means of transport as this city does not have any subways, it is my only option.  I am also "blessed" to have such nice friends, family and boyfriend that help me out often as well, but this blog isn't about them!  Ahahaha.

Anyway, I will never take the bus for granted, no matter how much it pains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment